It's the second week of Halloween, and you know what that means? Exciting changes! Not only have I (Upvoteanthology, check out my maps) become admin, but I have been given permission to introduce NEW MONTHLY MAP CONTESTS! There are a few simple guidelines to follow:
<— This is a google doc. It has a list of all the ideas for new contests. If you want to suggest ideas to go on this doc OR you want one of the things on the list to be used in a future contest, send my personal account a note.
2. Contests themselves will last four weeks. Since this started on October 9th, it will go until November 6th. Voting will be opened up on the 6th, and will last for a weekend until the 9th. The next contest will be announced on the 6th as well, meaning that the voting window interlocks with the submission window.
3. There will be two blog posts every month about this. The first will be about the next contest, and will also show a link to every submission to vote for (in our case this is the 6th of November). The second will be a few days later, showing the winner of the previous contest (9th November).
4. To vote, go to the blog post. In the future posts, there will be a link to every submission and a strawpoll to vote for your favorite (or favorites, if we get enough submissions).
5. To SUBMIT, there are two ways to do it. You can either submit a link to your deviation in the comments of the ANNOUNCEMENT post, or you can send me a note on my PERSONAL ACCOUNT. The rest might not be seen.
6. Don't feel worried if you don't think you're good at mapmaking, this is a contest for EVERYONE! As long as you have the shittiest program, you can submit something here. Just don't make it racist.
7. If you need any tips or have questions, send me a note. This comments section will be cluttered up by submissions for the next contest, so there's a higher chance of visibility if you submit it directly to me.
And now it's time for the October 2015 contest announcement! The contest is "Create a scenario where someone who rose to power is never born." Again, you have until November 6th to submit your maps to either the comments section of this post or a personal note to me. Good luck!